Goa was a Portuguese colony for over four centuries during which there was a strong influence of culture, language, tradition and architecture. All over the state there are beautiful houses which have floor plans and features from what you would observe in Portugal. Most houses have been built with the skill force available locally. Hence each house is a beauty by itself. The walls have seen centuries worth of stories that have led to making it special for us in the current day. We are in the city of Chandrapur which also happens to be the Oldest known capital of Goa. Picture the days gone
by where it had armies, fortifications, battles and flourishing trade. Right from the Bhojas to the Silaharas, Chandor was a thriving settlement due to the connectivity that the river Kushavati provided to the travelers. The village is famous for the legend of the Queens curse that was brought upon the village as a result of treachery of the warriors of the kingdom. We will be exploring Chandor as it stands today speaking of its rich past and we meet the current generation of the family members of one of the most prestigious heritage homes in the village. Join us as we take a look at Chandor through its houses.
Embark on an E-bike adventure through the hinterlands of Goa, uncovering the mysteries of the first ancient capital of the region.
Discover hidden bunkers and traverse royal mansions bestowed upon a Goan family by the last king of Portugal.
Indulge in an exclusive Goan authentic meal, providing a taste of the region's rich culinary heritage.
Venture off the beaten paths of Goa, ensuring a unique and personalized exploration experience.
- We meet up the Belem Church in the heart of Chandor village to start exploring this old capital of Goa.
- Visit Braganza House, built in the 17th century and stretching along one whole side of Chandor’s village square, is the biggest Portuguese mansion of its kind in Goa and the best example of what Goa’s scores of once-grand and glorious mansions have today become.
- Pass by an iconic chapel which is symbolic to the fortress Chandor was during the times of Kadamba rule that be witnessed even today.
- A visit to this Heritage house predates the times during the Portuguese rule and culture.
What is included in the tour
- Safety Kit
- Guided Tour
- Trained Captain
- Snacks & Refreshment
- A Sling bag to carry your belongings
- Water bottle
- Safety Gear
- First Aid support
- Back up support in case of technical issue
- Personal Insurance
What is NOT included in the tour
- Alcoholic beverage
- 2-wheeler and LMV rentals
- Hotel pick up or drop off